Be Grateful for the Things Your Parents Do.
Yesterday turned out to be a really good day.
I talked to my dad about our financial issues at home. And realized that given that both my parents and my dad has been slogging hard for the past 30 years, his current pay can no longer meet the expenditure at home. I'm not in dire financial woes, just that I realized that our expenditure is really very high and I do feel guilty about it. Thankfully my dad worked hard and has CPF to see me through my tertiary education. It's not easy to support a family, you need to plan for everything - bills, car loan, allowance for parents & kids. Mummy also complains about the electricity bills and all, I feel really bad cause I've been "contributing" to the electricity bills for the past few months by staying home and being online instead of getting a job and ease their burden. Darn, I'm so lousy! Boos for myself. But what I've learnt is that parents are willing to spend on their children specially education, in hopes that we are able to earn big bucks to provide for ourselves and them. It's not easy and I can see. That's the reason why I always try so hard to do well in education despite being labelled geek/nerd and whatever. I really love my parents for giving us what we want despite they are dipping into the savings to support the family. Okay, situation isn't that bad, is just that I want to highlight that sometimes we think and take things for granted like we ought to or deserve it. In fact, we don't. I seriously need to think about my future cause it's not just about me anymore, is about giving back and taking care of my parents like they did for me.
There's this channel U program that air on every Thursday, 8pm that never fails to moves me to tears. I stayed over at Grandma's yesterday and we watched the program together. Then I told her that I'll be going overseas for a semester during my Uni years. And she said, "you going overseas, then I'll have no one to have a heart-to-heart talk with." I was moved even though I always know that she dotes on both me and my brother. Then I told her that we can always talked on the phone. I love her so much cause she's the one that took care of us when our parents went out to work and she never fails to put us as her priority.
I think we should all be grateful for the things that our parents try to provide us with - a home, comfortable living and all. It's not the easiest job but it's a fulfilling job. I guess someday I'll understand what it is like.
Loved and take care.
I talked to my dad about our financial issues at home. And realized that given that both my parents and my dad has been slogging hard for the past 30 years, his current pay can no longer meet the expenditure at home. I'm not in dire financial woes, just that I realized that our expenditure is really very high and I do feel guilty about it. Thankfully my dad worked hard and has CPF to see me through my tertiary education. It's not easy to support a family, you need to plan for everything - bills, car loan, allowance for parents & kids. Mummy also complains about the electricity bills and all, I feel really bad cause I've been "contributing" to the electricity bills for the past few months by staying home and being online instead of getting a job and ease their burden. Darn, I'm so lousy! Boos for myself. But what I've learnt is that parents are willing to spend on their children specially education, in hopes that we are able to earn big bucks to provide for ourselves and them. It's not easy and I can see. That's the reason why I always try so hard to do well in education despite being labelled geek/nerd and whatever. I really love my parents for giving us what we want despite they are dipping into the savings to support the family. Okay, situation isn't that bad, is just that I want to highlight that sometimes we think and take things for granted like we ought to or deserve it. In fact, we don't. I seriously need to think about my future cause it's not just about me anymore, is about giving back and taking care of my parents like they did for me.
There's this channel U program that air on every Thursday, 8pm that never fails to moves me to tears. I stayed over at Grandma's yesterday and we watched the program together. Then I told her that I'll be going overseas for a semester during my Uni years. And she said, "you going overseas, then I'll have no one to have a heart-to-heart talk with." I was moved even though I always know that she dotes on both me and my brother. Then I told her that we can always talked on the phone. I love her so much cause she's the one that took care of us when our parents went out to work and she never fails to put us as her priority.
I think we should all be grateful for the things that our parents try to provide us with - a home, comfortable living and all. It's not the easiest job but it's a fulfilling job. I guess someday I'll understand what it is like.
Loved and take care.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home